Any individual residing or legal entity based in Argentina who invites foreign nationals to carry out professional activities in our country must be registered with the National Registry of Petitioners on behalf of Foreign Applicants (RENURE) of the National Directorate of Migration. For information on registration, please contact 4317-0289.
Once registered with RENURE, the host must write an invitation letter or note to be sent to the Argentine consular authority abroad. The purpose of this letter is only to commence the visa application procedure. It does not guarantee the granting of a visa.
This is a formal note and must meet the following requirements:
1. It must be written in Spanish.
2. It must be addressed to the relevant consular authority (e.g. To the Consul of the Argentine Republic in ....).
3. It must include the RENURE registration number. It is suggested that a copy of the registration document be attached.
4. It must contain all contact information of the inviting legal entity or individual residing in Argentina: full name or corporate name, identity document or taxpayer identification number, address, landline or mobile phone number, e-mail address and any other contact information.
5. It must contain all personal data of the foreign invitee: full name, nationality, date of birth, passport number and type, landline or mobile phone number, e-mail address and any other contact data in their place of residence.
6. It must explain the purpose of the trip, the host's relationship with the invitee, the stay period, information on who will pay for expenses and the estimated dates of arrival and departure.
7. It must state that the host has informed the foreign national that they will be required to leave the Argentine territory upon expiration of the stay period authorized in their visa.
8. It must include the following paragraph: “As a person inviting a foreign national, I have read and understood the provisions included in Chapter VI of Law No. 25871, sections 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 and 121”.
9. It must bear the signature and state the office of the host, whose signature must be registered as an authorized signature with RENURE. The signature on the note must be certified by a Notary Public and the relevant Association of Notaries Public.
10. The original must be posted to the Argentine Embassy or Consulate to which the foreign national is to submit the visa application.
Notice: If you wish to invite a group of foreign nationals who intend to request a visa at the same Argentine Representation, you may prepare a list of the travellers and include it in the invitation letter. This list must contain the full name, date of birth, nationality, type and number of travel documents, and contact information (phone number and e-mail) of the foreign invitees. The list should be included in the letter of invitation (not attached to it), unless it is particularly long. In case of attachments, they must bear the signature of the host, which must be certified by a Notary Public and the relevant Association of Notaries Public as appropriate.
Promoting or facilitating the illegal stay of foreign nationals in Argentine territory to obtain a benefit is punishable by 1 (one) to 6 (six) years' imprisonment. It is recommended that all hosts read Chapter VI of Law No. 25871 on Migrations, which deals with migratory offences. For information on this norm, visit: